The article covers the following:
Where to find the shortcode builder for EAP IDX iHomefinder
How to build a shortcode
Shortcode Builder Locations
- Homepages App Settings - apps > homepages > settings > IDX listings.
- The Instafarm App - When editing an instafarm page, all text boxes have a formatting bar above them. The shortcode builder is the blue box on the far right.
- The shortcode block - a block used in WordPress' custom page editor to display shortcodes. Click the "add listings" link to open the IDX shortcode builder.
Building an IDX Shortcode
Creating a shortcode is simple and accessible from the locations listed above. Please follow the steps below:
- Click the "+", "add listings" link or the blue IDX box to open the shortcode builder.
- The following screen will appear:
- Select one of the following options:
Featured listing - based on MLS agent ID
Listing Report - based on a custom market created in the IDX control panel
Search - based on a property search using either the advanced search or basic search options
- Select the relevant options depending on the type of shortcode (cities and zipcodes; property type; sort order; custom markets; etc).
Note: "Display Header" means a map will appear above the properties and all shortcodes will display 12 results automatically.
- After selecting your desired search parameters, click the "copy to clipboard" button (located at the bottom of the builder window).
- Paste the created shortcode in the desired text box. The keyboard shortcut for pasting text on Windows computer is "ctrl + v" or "cmd" + v on a Macintosh computer.
Happy Shortcode Building!