Learn how to verify your site with Google Webmasters for better SEO results!
Registering your site with Google Webmasters can help improve your site's search-ability and allow you to assess & fix any potential search-related issues. Here is how to do it:
- Sign into your Google account here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/. If you don't have a Google account, you can create one here.
- Once signed in, type your domain into the field pictured below and click "Add A Property". Make sure your LeadSite is live on your custom domain and not the LeadSite staging domain (i.e. http://bob.com rather than http://bob.leadsites.io). If you are not sure how to make your site live on your custom domain, click this link.
3. Now that your domain is added, you'll need to verify the property. Click "Alternate Methods" and select "HTML tag."
4. Copy the <meta> tag.
5. Login to your LeadSite and go to APPS > FIND ME.
6. Paste the code you just copied into the "Google Webmasters" section and click "Save."
7. Navigate back to the Search Console page you copied the code from. Click "Verify."