A great way to generate leads is to provide proprietary downloadable material. Most agents do this in the form of PDF ebooks and pamphlets. It's easy to create landing pages and pop-ups with lead capture forms and download buttons!
The first thing you should know is where to store your PDF file for download. There are two options:
- Upload your PDF file to your LeadSite's Media Library (if the file is under 2MB)
- Upload your PDF file to a cloud-based storage site
Option #1 is the quickest — simply drag and drop your file into the Media Library of your dashboard's Photos tab, or click the ADD NEW button and select the file from your device. However, if your file is over your LeadSite's 2MB file upload limit, and you cannot shrink it sufficiently using a PDF compressor, you will need to go with option #2.
First, you will need access to a cloud-based file storage option. Anyone with a Google account will already have a Google Drive, but other feasible options are iCloud (for Apple users), OneDrive (for Microsoft users), or Dropbox. Use what's easiest for you.
- Log into your cloud account or locate the cloud folder on your hard drive
(You may want to create a folder specifically for your LeadSite files)
- Either drag and drop, or choose to upload and select from your device, the PDF file you want to share
- Get the file's share link
(You may need to make your file publicly shareable first)
- Copy the link to your clipboard and paste it either into the URL box you are editing or into a notepad for future reference
For additional help, here are the support centers for:
Once you have your PDF file uploaded, you can add it to your landing page or pop-up!
Using Squeeze pages:
Create and edit your page using your preferred template. Templates with forms or Facebook sign-in buttons are available for lead capture. Once you're done, click Done Editing, and you will be taken to this page:
- If your file is stored in your LeadSite Media Library, click Add a Download, then upload or select ☑ your file and click Choose File.
- If your file is stored in the cloud, click Redirect to URL, then paste the file's URL into the text box and click Save.
Click Launch and finish publishing your Squeeze page!
Using WordPress Pages:
Create and edit your page using Gutenberg Blocks and/or HTML code. Wherever you want to offer the download, click the Add Block ⊞ button.
- If your file is stored in your LeadSite Media Library, search for the File block, then upload or select ☑ your file and click Choose File.
You can update the file name and button verbiage by clicking on them:
- If your file is stored in the cloud, search for the Buttons block. Add text to your button, then you may choose the style and color settings you like from the Block Settings ⚙ sidebar:
With your cursor in the button, click the Link button or press Ctrl/⌘+K. Paste the file's URL into the text box and click Submit ↩.
Using email via your CRM
(NOTE: You must have the upgraded Leads CRM from Easy Agent PRO in order to send emails from your LeadSite)
The CRM does not allow for PDF files to be sent via email, so you will have to upload your file to the cloud and provide a URL or hyperlink.
- Paste the file's URL in the email
- Select a string of text or an image and click the Link button or press Ctrl/⌘+K. Paste the file's URL into the text box and click Save.
Using Smart Pop Up
Create and edit your pop-up using your preferred template. Templates with forms are available for lead capture.
Click on the button to edit its text, color, and link.
- If your file is stored in your LeadSite Media Library, click Download, then the Add ⊕ button, upload or select ☑ your file, and click Choose File.
- If your file is stored in the cloud, click Redirect, then paste the file's URL into the text box and click OK.
Finish launching your pop-up. You can choose to have this pop up anywhere on your site, on a specific page or page type, or even embed it into a WordPress Page using the embed code provided in the Smart Pop Up editor.