Start using ManyChat's Facebook Bot to start interacting with visitors to your site!
Setup your ManyChat account & widget
- Create an account with ManyChat if you have not done so already. They have two pricing models, FREE and PRO. Choose the model that is appropriate for you.
- Sign in with Facebook and connect your Facebook page or create a new page to continue.
- Once your page is connected, you will land on the ManyChat Dashboard. In the left-hand toolbar, select "Growth Tools".
- Create a new Growth Tool by pressing the + New Growth Tool in the upper right corner.
- A toolbar will open. Select anything from the Overlay Widgets category. You can name and customize the Initial State to your liking. Once you are finished, click Next.
- Make any changes to Submitted State and Opt-in Actions. After you are finished, click on Setup.
- After adding your site for authorization, click the Install ManyChat Snippet tab. Copy the script to your clipboard and then click Finish.
- Before leaving, make sure you switch the widget from "Draft" to "Active", or else the widget will not work when you add it to your Leadsite!
Now, you will want to jump over to your Leadsite to finish installing the widget!
Add ManyChat to your LeadSite
- Log in to your LeadSite and go to Apps > Pixels.
- In Head Code, paste the code you copied earlier.
- Click Save Changes.
Disable GDPR Privacy & Cookies Disclaimer
The final step is to configure your legal settings to disable GDPR and the Cookie Disclaimer. The ManyChat widget does not work with them enabled.
- Navigate back to your Dashboard and go to Settings.
- Click on the Legal tab.
- Turn off the toggles for GDPR and Cookie Disclaimer.
- Make sure you save!
You are all done! ManyChat is integrated onto your LeadSite!
1. If you have the Facebook template of Contact Me enabled, you will either want to switch to the form template or turn it off completely.
2. Depending on which widget option for ManyChat you chose, you should consider disabling some of the apps on your LeadSite so they don't conflict.
- For the Bar Widget, Header Leads and/or Smart Menu.
- For the Slide-in Widget, Contact Me and/or Smart Slide-in.
- For the Modal Widget, Smart Pop-Up.
- For the Page Takeover Widget, Smart Pop-Up.